4. Can I prevent the crystallization of my honey?Jyotish
Some preventative measures may be taken, including:
- Storing your honey at room temperature will deter crystallization. Crystallization occurs most rapidly at cool temperatures (40º – 57ºF) therefore honey should never be stored in the refrigerator.
- Preventing absorption of atmospheric moisture by tightly closing containers during storage.
- Do not contaminate the honey with toast crumbs etc.
- Use more honey! As honey ages, it will start to crystallize.